Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Poetry reading and rally!


The reading at my alma mater, Westminster College, was a delight. I looked up and there were two of my former wonderful students, Amy Affleck and Jenn Frayer. They came all the way from Pittsburgh. Talk about a great gift, seeing them. And Jim Perkins, my dear ole friend, gave me a very touching introduction. And dear folks from my little town were there. And my family was there: mom, sister and husband, niece and husband. And friends of my sister were there. And it was a great time. And with about four minutes to go in the reading the college's band started playing a fight song outside the door and cheerleaders started yelling and a pep rally ensued. We all left fired up.
 
 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, when are you coming out to the Chicago area to do a reading?
We are hungry for good poetry too.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hi Jill! Jack'll be in South Bend soon. That's getting closer!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm... I just may show up at the South Bend reading. That really isn't too far of a drive.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Jack can still come out to Chicago, right?? No poet here has as kind a soul as him and no one's poetry is like his. The Windy City needs Jack to cross Lake Michigan stat!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home