Friday, November 10, 2006

Penn State, Altoona

The creative writing faculty at the Altoona campus of Penn State is magical, exceptional. What a gang of talents and intelligences--and they all woop for one another. I had such a great good time there. To be once again surrounded by my Pennsylvania mountains was rejuvenating. Todd Davis's class was a joy to be with. Todd and Shelly and their boys, Noah and Nathan created a resort out of their home for me. Talk about good sleepin' and good eatin and good talkin'! I repaid them by trouncing them at Rummy after the reading. Read in a chapel. I think I should set up the "Jack-in-the-Chapel Tour."  How many is that now?
So thanks to Todd and family, to Dinty Moore and Erin Murphy for being such great "instant friends." Buy their books. They write the real stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home